Saturday, November 14, 2009

Its a BOY!

I don’t know squat about this subject…

But if you want to read on.
The interesting thing about all of this is that I was not prepared to hear that my wife/girlfriend and I would be having a baby. It was not in the schedule and by no means does that mean that we are resenting our decision it just meant that we would be planning on It sometime in our relationship just not 2 years in. In my heart of hearts I knew that Angie was my soul mate and that I would no longer need to be alone with my own thoughts and feeling like I would never find someone. Honestly there is no one better suited to be a fine mother for our child.
We’re having a baby boy in a couple of months and at first I was terrified. I mean completely anxious and scared that I would be responsible for a life. Not only that it was that this life would look to me for inspiration and love and courage which I sometimes lack for others. I hear though that this type of love is non-existential when a single guy with nothing to worry about but my brother (who will remain anonymous) was telling this story that when his x-gf back in the day was pregnant with his son that his son would not ever respond to his touch when he would touch her belly. Well one day he had his head pressed against her stomach and he felt his hand caress his face. At that point he pointed out that he started to ball like a baby. I don’t know if I would ever find myself ever reacting that way but it was a pretty touching scenario.
The way my thought process has changed is interesting too. Not only will I stand still sometimes to watch a mother and her toddler in a parking lot and think to myself “That’s going to be my son and my lovely wife walking hand in hand someday.” But I am literally thinking changing jobs and doing something better in order to offer my son a better life as well as a better home environment. Making him experience something that my childhood lacked which was a loving home and parents that would encourage your endeavours. Sure I’m still afraid of what’s going to happen when he is born but I’ve also come to learn that this is not a solo experience. I am just so damn happy to a T that Angie is with me on this ride.
I love you both.
And I hope that’s enough.

1 comment:

  1. Your love is more than enough and you're going to be a fantastic father! I can't wait. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete